Thursday, January 17, 2008

no snow???

no snow???

darn it! we haven't had any good snow since 2004 and i was really hoping for snow today (those of you who get tons of snow like it is in your yearly contract with the world are probably cursing me right now) but i really wanted to get out of WORK and stay home in my pj's, get cozy with a hot cup of chocolate and my shnookie doodles and veg out - plus i would love to see how he reacts to the white stuff this time around - last year he was only 4 months old and we only got a teeny tiny bit and he just stared as mommy put him in his car seat and sat him outside in the middle of it to take his picture, i know "poor little guy has a dorky mommy" right? [i plead the 5th on that one]


shnookie doodles first snow January 2007.
4 months old


[i am also not admitting that i have taken a picture of every second and every breath of shnookie doodles 16 months of life, eh hem]



actually anything to get out of work and spend more time with my little guy is what i am all about. [oh yea] but unfortunately being a single mommy and running this show solo, we just don't get a lot of that "time"
, bills to pay & diapers to buy [hooRAH].



i do envy SAHMs. {smile}


hum....imagine all the blogging i could do if i was
a SAHM?!?!?!?! [woo hoo!]



OKAY....so....i have noticed a lot of my new found fav funny fearlessly talented bloggers in blog blog land blogging daily. [say that a couple times fast]. even those that are NOT SAHMs seem to get their blog n' on daily and MAN there really are some seriously clever HILARIOUS blogs out there....



i feel like i need to step up my blog game....



i do think i am doing much better than i was, i am at least trying to get a blog or two in a week. [yay me] i am even trying to get to all the blogs on my blog-a-licious blogger list and read them all so i can comment daily (addicting i tell ya) - although i do get side tracked because i will see someone with an interesting name or comment on one of my already blog-a-licious blogger's blogs and go to their page and then WHALA....i have a new blogger to add to my list and more to read - whew! [geeesh] cause yanno i am so sure if i don't get over to all these gifted people daily they will ALL be wondering, "where is A-Licious? why hasn't she been here today,
why hasn't she commented?" {chuckle}
in my dreams....




/dork!/ ...... i said i plead the 5th on that one.




poetry is actually easier for me, but i really haven't been doing to much of that lately either. i was thinking of doing a separate blog just for my poetry and linking it to this one when i actually poetisize (you like that, doncha) something. i used to be a daily "blogger" on yahoo 360 back before i got preggy with shnookie doodles. i actually had a pretty big "fan base" - i miss
that. 360 was actually a nice little community of bloggers (aka writers), lyricists, and poets, the only problem with 360 is that they like to micro manage your writings and if they saw something they didn't like (whoever they were) - they would just delete it with no notice or anything, and being an ARTIST OF THE WORD myself, i just thought that was plain rude. [sticking my tongue out with a raised eye brow at 360 and shaking my fist]
take that 360 ....lol


so....here i am.

i moved on over here to blogspot because one of my very close friends Mars had been posting her lovely and very endearing little blogs over here for quite sometime in blog blog land (before our adorable little ones made their debut into this crazy world here) and i was very taken with it so i started Living Out Loud in May 2007. {smile}



i am very random if you haven't noticed, the way i write is the way i speak, live and love (and complain lol). scary? maybe.....depends on who you are. (heheheheeee) my poetry is the same.



so anyway.....snow.


WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!!?
mommy wants to go home and play!




peace forward ~ be blessed




I just love all you bloggers out there!!! {wink}


16 comments:

Amy said...

thanks for you comments too! hope you're having a great day even if it's at work. i'll hope for some snow for you too.

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

aw thanks Amy!

i am here (at work) staring out the window at he dark rainy sky....
i should be home cuddling with my little dude...oh well. ;o)

i will be by to visit ya - shortly!

;o)

Amy 2 xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Me, too. What happened to our "wintry mix"? Plain old cold rain. In my opinion, rain in winter is a total waste of precipitation---What's gonna grow in JANUARY? I ask you.
No. The only precipitation that should be allowed in winter is snow. And THAT should melt as soon as anybody needs to go out in it for any purpose other than making snowmen.
:-D

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

yea - rain (phewy)

now they snow tomorrow (saturday)....not the same i want snow on WORK DAYS ONLY....lol

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Seriously, snow is bad! Stop wishing for it! And if you need it so bad come on up to Maine and take all you want!!

Btw, I love the randomness of how you write/talk. I think I am drawn to people that can talk "all over the road!" (I do it a lot!)

Hallie

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

ha - thanks hallie! :o)

OHmommy said...

Oh. We have snow. 12 inches and counting.

I am a SAHM.

I am the sole editor of a monthly non-profit newsletter. I have a photography business. I am completing my Masters in Education. And. I blog.

And... I am.. Oh. So tired. Nice blog. I really love your title!!! You have a new reader! :)

Maureen said...

You're welcome to come up here and get as much snow as you want.

And cold too.

It's -40 C with the windchill tonight. And we have loads of snow.

But we don't get to stay home; we still go to work and school, just like any other day.

Brrrrr.....

Damselfly said...

Shnookie doodles is the same age as my Fly, I gather. And he has never seen snow because of where we live!

Cute little baby!

Anonymous said...

snhookie doodles is so cute!

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

12 inches?

-40c???

uh....er.....can i change my mind?

:o)

luckily here in NC - when they just say "snow" school is cancelled - funny - yet not? LOL

and thank you all for shnookie doodle compliments!! he too will appreciate them - i am sure!

- well today (Saturday) we got a DUSTING of snow..and that was it.

oh well.

:o)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, about the blogging, how it is addicting, and well, for me, I've been having insomnia lately, can't sleep when I should, and am drowsy when I should be awake, Ahhh, tho, this has been a life long cycle for me though, guess, I can read and be quiet and listen to music quiet, and surf into blog land,

krissy said...

Well, I'm from South Dakota and I would love to send some snow your way! I hate winter, which is why I started a blog recently so I have something to do while holed up in the house!

Your very clever! I'll be back to check more blogs! If you stop by mine, don't be disappointed as I am not that good yet!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I see that you and I think the same way....in fact...I think all mommies have the same type of "fractured" thinking! (hee-hee) Who has time for complete thoughts!

Your little man is precious and I can only imagine how difficult it must be to go it alone.....I struggle enough with the help of my husband!

Thanks for stopping by and come back anytime! :)

Bettie K. said...

Hi Amy---

I found you through Stacie's blog. I can remember when my daughter was born and I took her to the pumpkin farm at the ripe old age of 3 weeks and placed her car seat in the middle of the pumpkin patch for that perfect shot! I totally get it.

Thanks for the read...I'll be back!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

What will it take to get you to blog more often? Really, what? Money? How much?

Hallie