Tuesday, January 22, 2008

random ISH

well here is some random ISH today....


we never really got our snow, we got a light dusting of it Saturday evening about 6pm (woo hoo, not) and it only lasted a couple hours and then POOF it was gone, and really what were we going to do with a light dusting when it was already dark outside and in no way was that even coming close to giving me a "snow day" away from work with my little dude....so looking up in the sky at the snow Gods - yea, gee....thanks for nothing! (and yes, to those of you who mentioned -40C and 6 feet of snow etc.....i hear ya, but i only wanted a day or 2 of the stuff and then for it to melt away the next day and Wha-La Spring would be here (right? isn't that how it works?)


right?


well that my bloggers - is my kind of snow and wintry weather.




and just to set the record straight, i am not a winter person nor do i really even like snow, i'd be happy living in Hawaii (or Fiji for that matter)

on a beach with the hot sun 24.7.




snow for me is just a "get out of work for the day (or two)" kind of thing for me, kind of like a child wanting to "get out of school" - and yes i was that kid too, 'pajamas on backwards down on hands & knees praying to the snow gods to pleeeeeeeeze bring me snow so i did not have to take that test i really didn't study for because i was there on my hands & knees praying for snow and not in the mood to study anyway" kid. surprised right? (not if you know me)




see, i am sending wonderful messages of slackness to my 16 month old already. [help!]



so enough about the non snow and my slackness.





shnookie doodles had his first dentist appointment about a week or two ago (and i am just now blogging about it, okay so we are discussing a little bit of my slackness still) so far so good, his teeth are coming in nicely and i was told the little gap between his top two front teeth (which is adorable at this age) was a good thing, this means his teeth will not be crowded. he has about 12 + teeth now.

and he can eat some food man!




brushing on the other hand- we go through the motions in the mornings and evenings where i let him hold the toothbrush and he thinks he is brushing them (more like sucking the baby toothpaste and water off the tooth brush and just twirling the brush around in his mouth) but hey he is getting the idea and the habit of it (i hope) but actual BRUSHING, good grief! who knew trying to pry his little tiny lips open when time for MOMMY to actually BRUSH them would be like trying to open a can of soup??




soup?!?!? why soup? well let me explain.....you know when you use the can opener and it doesn't quite open the lid all the way completely, and then you have to CAREFULLY try to pry the lid the rest of the way up on your own, with your fingers, without losing a finger?



yep, that is what i mean.....

(okay people this happens to me anyway)




and of course he crying like i am torturing him [aw]
poor little dude, but as soon as i give up he stops and smiles at me with that "i just love you mommy and you are all that and bag of cookies!"
(sugar free cookies mind you)

yes we do sugar free cookies, sugar free jello etc....NO juice except orange juice in the mornings (1/2 water 1/2 OJ) the rest of the day H2O and Milk. shnookie doodles LOVES fruit, he would JUST eat that if i let him. (occasional sweet things with real sugar are a treat) [boo! right?]
by the way the dentist (who was very cute (eh HEM, but young) and very good with my little dude) was very happy about that and very excited that i took the initiative to bring mr. shnookie doodles in at 15/16 months instead of waiting until he was 2. he said by then toddlers were already likely to start getting cavities. [yikes!]







as for the rest of my rambling ISH today....i am here at work, as usual....


these are not my coats and the walls are actually cream, go figure, but this is THE window. lol


i sit by this big window and catch myself gazing out of it every 5 seconds (not that you can see much but a bunch of trees and part of a house's back patio) but me and windows at work (or school) cause DAYDREAMING. wishing i was on the OUTSIDE. (ha) just ask my mother how many days she was called when i was in school about my "daydreaming"......{whistling}


i have a PILE of work to do today, and i am just not feeling it (but when am i ever). i sit in a cube with 3 other women and they like to whisper 24.7 (so annoying) so i basically mind my own biz. they seem to have their own "click" going on and act like it takes so much out of them to even say "hello or good bye" when i come in in the mornings or leave in the evenings. weird. but it doesn't bother me, i figure they have their reasons and i don't have time for the negativeness and it won't stop me from being polite and professional. we all need acts of kindness now and then, so that is mine to them DAILY. {smiling}





again, i have to give some major props to some excellent blogging going on....it takes me all day to get to everyone on my blog-a-licious blogger list, but i love it and i am so not complaining! the list grows every time i go to someones blog, i see a catchy name and i am like"hey wonder what their blog is about?" and then i am off to investigate, or a better term is blog hopping as one talented and clever dad - pointed out. he started a weekend blog hopping group and i loved his selling points for this awesome idea (which i totally joined their party by the way)

1. you are a parent and have no life
2. no time to club hop anymore so you blog hop [woo hoo]

i am so down wid it.
you will have to check this dad out if you get a chance.



(i personally just love meeting new people.)



now back to me, i am still trying to do better in blog blog land and blog more. (winking at Hallie who let me know in an ever so sweet (bribing me with money) sort of way, that my blogging is not enough and i am very slack) [ha]




so here i am....today....blogging some ISH![yay!]




other than blogging, i am trying to write more poetry (i am going to link the heck out of my latest poem until more people read it heheheeee) i used to write poetry daily, now if i do it monthly, i'm doing good. i would like to turn a lot of my stuff into music (one day).





so....i still need to lose weight (arrrgghhh, i am way past saying i just had a baby) face it shnookie doodles is 16 months, i don't think that "i just had a baby" works as well anymore. {wink} i am trying to eat better and do a little exercise at home....but with me....i need to be in the gym to really be motivated.




my back (that was out during the holidays) is feeling SO much better now [hoooray!] and i am able to get down on the floor (and get back up) and be shnookie doodles human jungle gym and fly him around the room singing "super kai" dunuhnuhunuhununanaa....

OH! and i can dance with him to Jack's Big Music Show now (shnookie doodles loves that i get up and dance with him).


other things i am trying to do better at....like keeping in touch with people, work on my procrastination bug i seem to get often, digging more into my spirituality and looking for a new place to live (our lease is up end of March) we will either do another apartment for a bit or possibly looking into owning a townhouse, not sure just yet. (but i need to hurry) right now we live in this teeny weeny tiny place and shnookie doodle's toys are taking over!

and because who knows who might be reading my blog.....i am doing other things as well to secure a little bit better future for my little dude and me {wink} will fill you in on that as it happens {smile} and hopefully i will be going back to school and taking some night classes in the Fall.



(my sis is off today to DC for a bit (a couple months or so) to help out some family members we love DEARLY that are going through a very hard time right now. i will miss her so much, but she is such a sweetie pie and this is such a wonderful thing for her to do. D&D are in our prayers DAILY and if you are reading this D&D WE LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!)



so my plate is normally pretty full. being a single mommy with a 16 month old, it never really empties, but that's OKAY because I am SO Blessed (and yes, i do have to remind myself of that here and there at times).



full plates are good though!

Peace Forward~Unlimited Blessings!

6 comments:

krissy said...

Well, let me tell ya...I used to be the same sort of kid who prayed to the Gods for snow just to stay home. The "I'm sick today" excuse take to long for my parents to figure out so I had no choice but to pray for snow days. I actually loathed the snow plows too as they took precious days away from us!

My daughter would turn into a devil when I would try to brush her teeth at that age. It took me and my hubby to open her mouth. And trust me, even at that age my daughter never, ever shut her mouth. Just at her convinence. Little stinker!

I've been using the "baby weight" thing for 10yrs now....I think I'm way past that excuse as well! I'm just blaming it on menopause now since I had a hysterectomy! Works for me!

Thanks for dropping me a line at my blog...hope to see you back!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Damn, when you get off your lazy blogging horse, you ride woman!! I love it!! Of course, you have now raised the bar and I'm going to expect this type of witty randomness more often.

Seriously, I am totally smiling when I am done reading. My brain is flip flopping all over the place trying to keep up with you - it's like cardio for the old grey matter!!

I am going to add you to my "7 out of 10 wieners like this blog" list so you HAVE to blog more regularly - I can't get a bad rep by suggesting my readers go check out a blog that is never UPDATED!!

Think of that next time you get lazy!!

Hallie :-)

Amy said...

i actually had to stop reading your post, fix my cup of tea and come back to reading! your little guy is just so cute.

that is awesome that you brought him to the dentist! i am the same way about juice - just in the morning and half juice/half water.

take care!

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

krissy :o) i will def be back! thanks!!
(nice to know im not the only one sometimes....lol)

Hallie!!!!
man you know how to push me doncha??
and i had NO idea how long my blog was until i posted it...lol...i was writing-working-writing-working....and when i do that - that's what ya get - even MORE babbling and randomISH....scary huh?

AMY!!!!(again yes, i got blog-winded.....eeeek) thank you again for the compliments on my babe...he is quite yummy, if i say so myself. ;o)
and 1/2 juice 1/2 water rocks :o)

xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Anonymous said...

HEY! I know that clever dad you're talking about ;) Thanks for mentioning me and the sloshed blog hopping party! As you can see, I'm practicing for the weekend. And boy can I practice!

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

very cool "clever dad" :o) i am all about practicing :o)