Monday, January 7, 2008

i am

i am

working: WORK (of course) and trying to get back into my poetry writing

reading: the purpose driven life (again) and the bible

recording on dvr: gossip girl, dance wars, october road, desperate housewives, celebrity apprentice

tv shows anticipating: LOST, The L Word, So You Think You Can Dance (again)

looking forward to: moving to a bigger place at the end of March, better finances, a new cousin for kai!

missing: my grandparents, my brother& sis in law, kai's complete dependence on mommy, being IN love

over: kai's father's selfishness (or trying to be over it), presidential campaign

sick of: my weight and feeling BLAH, all the crazy sad news on tv, politics

loving: God, Jesus, my family, my child and my child's enthusiasm for the simple things in life

appreciating: my blessings, my freedom, my child's love for me, getting to be kai's mommy


i borrowed this from Mars (hope she doesn't mind) smile.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those dancing shows getting the "dancing queen" inspired?

Anonymous said...

You forgot one...

I am... BEAUTIFUL!

Yea, it's a simple correction but SO appropriate! :) -Wolfie

Carla said...

Beauty...pure innocence he is a doll...great hearing from you once more.keep in touch. :)

Anonymous said...

Amy,


I do not refer to myself as a poet because most times I write, if only to help myself. I wanted to share this with you though because I am sure you will understand exactly what I was thinking and where I was standing.....Glad you have gotten back to your writings.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Standing on Solid Ground- A better you!


Always stand on solid ground, be able to face the fight

Stand on solid ground, doing what is right.

If your burden's heavy, it's a long and lonesome road,

Stand on solid ground, and God will lessen your load.

Fear may overcome you and you grow weary and unsure.

Stand on solid ground, God will open up new doors.

When times of strife are upon you and you don't know where to turn,

Stand on solid ground and God's lessons you will learn.

Stand on solid ground , God's word , yes it's true

Stand on solid ground and become a better you.



Patti Freeman Lewis 12/23/07

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

Lloyd - always!
(hug) carla
Wolfie - your too sweet to me!

PATTI!! That was awesome thank for sharing!!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

i dont mind at all you stealing from me. kinda flattering. lol

Anonymous said...

I've read the purpose driven life. It is a good book.

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

aw thanks Mars...lol

and yes it is an awesome book - my 3rd read!