Monday, June 11, 2007

weekend


weekend
okay this past weekend….nothing super exciting to report but shnookums did get his first car (woo hoo) and his first TWO bottom teeth are popping through (yay) and he is actually handling it very well, a little fussy from time to time, but nothing major, more like complaining in baby talk and then he moves on to something else….he is quite the trooper.
friday we packed up our stuff and went to grammy and papa’s right after work, we had a nice and relaxing time….only thing WOW to type from the visit is that nilly, grammy and papa’s doggie, went to lick shnookums in the face (he was sitting on the floor playing with his toys) and as nilly came up to shnookum’s face to lick him- shnookums opened his mouth….um…ER…uh….LUCKILY we all yelled at nilly to STOP and it distracted her right before she and shnookums made CONTACT…..whew….although I guess there are worse stories out there…like a co worker was telling us her 14 month old was “cleaning the toilet bowl with the toilet bowl brush” and she said she didn’t think much of it….until she noticed after he would swirl the toilet brush around in the toilet a few times, he would then lift the toilet bowl brush up in the air – holding it over his face- all the while opening his mouth so the “water” would drop into this mouth…..
your mouth is hanging open now isn’t it and your making a “eeeewwwww yuck ,that was so gross face” right? well ….that is not the worse part….just as she was running to him to tell him to stop, the brush goes into his mouth and he starts sucking the “water” off the bristles on the toilet bowl brush…..now your face is really squinched up huh….lol....hope you are not reading this and eating your breakfast (or lunch) at the same time….like I said, there are worse stories….trust me....

so….after driving back sunday morning we went straight to church, shnookums loves church, he loves the music and singing and dancing and the people that walk around waving the colored flags….he goes in a trance sometimes watching the flags…and then of course you have the man who walks around with the bubble gun blowing bubbles on everyone….shnookums thinks this is very funny. I know you are like…bubbles? flags?church??? yep….my church has it like that….lol…after church we went home and had some lunch while mommy tried to blow up shnookum’s first car….and let me tell you….that was a task and then some. whose idea was it to design something that you have to take YOUR OWN AIR inside YOUR OWN BODY and blow things up with it? I mean you have to blow it up so it will actually work....who has THAT much air in their body to blow these pool toys up? really? I blew the yellow canopy up and by the time I was done (40 minutes later) I was purple from lack of oxygen, my brow was glistening like the shower head and I am laying on the floor trying to breath, dizzy and light headed and hoping I had enough air left to actually take mr. shnookums to the pool and maybe even see his first day of kindergarten….all the while shnookums is sitting over me laughing and trying to grab my nose (as if that would help mommy breath better)….he thought this whole thing was super funny…and quite frankly - if I had any air left, I probably would have laughed with him….lucky for us…Uncle Wrestler and cousin D were at the pool and they finished blowing up shnookum’s car (in like 15 minutes- go figure....humph)but anyway....thank God for them because let me tell you this....shnookums was the KING of the pool in this thing….all the adults and kids, big and little wanted to come and honk his horn and check out his wheels as he went cruising by them….and shnookums just smiled and rode around like he was the coolest kat since already sliced and ready to go chocolate chip cookie dough (I like that much better than sliced bread because the “chef” that I am (or not)….I can so appreciate already sliced and ready to go chocolate chip cookie dough yanno…)
mr. shnookums was just chill n' in this car man....and mommy hopped around the pool pulling him in it....I am sure if I had a baby translator they would tell me the thing he was yelling out at me while pulling him around would have been something like...."gosh mommy, can't you go faster than that? hurry up!"
great picture huh.....lol

and oh yea....speaking of mommy in the pool....same man (we will call him B) that told me I was getting chunky in my last blog....reminded me sunday again to 'NOT GET FAT', and he said it to me like 5 times in a row and gave me that "I am so disappointed in you look" - meanwhile his wife was sitting behind him shaking her head in her hands and telling him to stop....she looked at me and said, "good thing you love B honey......" ....YEA....good thing....)
anyhoo the remainder of our Sunday we spent hanging in the pool, grocery shopping, taking baths…..and after dinner we chilled out and read some books and watched some tube before hitting the sack and getting our beauty rest for MONDAY….that all dreaded day of the week…..but all in all it was a very nice weekend.....

Beep! Beep! Watch out now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was waiting to see the pic of you in the car

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

funny....my big tada wouldn't fit in there....lol

Anonymous said...

Your big tada?

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

rear end...duh...lol

SgtDebbie said...

AWE! How precious!

Anonymous said...

The scary part is that Mr. Binky looks like he's actually DRIVING. AND like he knows how...
You already giving him lessons? Does he have his permit yet?

:oD