Monday, June 4, 2007

monday

monday


what can I say……it’s MONDAY…………….sigh

busy, sleepy, need to make our 2 day weekends – 3 day weekends…better yet 4 would be cool.

shnookum’s and I went to A.W.’s son’s (little N) 1st birthday party Saturday and had a BLAST. A.W. just bought a new house and it was really nice, great house for gathering!! I enjoyed spending time with A.W. too, we don’t get to hang out like we used to….I enjoyed the family as well….super nice people!
little N racked up on the gifts man – I am ready to move into his room with him and have a toy fest (let’s face it, kids these days have some of the COOLEST toys…..even at the age of one) mr. shnookums and me were in awe and drooling at the view of all of the toys…..we were lost in toy land....people were waving their hands in front of our faces asking us to snap out of it.....whew
ravegirlie was there with the two girls (shy & z), and I have to say the girls were awesome with shnooklums, they are growing up so fast and into BEAUTIFUL young women....but look at their mom (ravegirlie) what would you expect, yanno...
feels like just yesterday I was 25 and hit n the clubs with A.W. & ravegirlie....and here we all are....mom n' it now....who would have thunk it....looking at shy & z makes me feel old now....lol....I remember when they were teeny tiny little girls who thought "hip hop a-licious" (that would be ME) was COOL...now they are tell n' me WHAT "COOL" IS....lol....go figure....

after leaving the party (actually we closed the party down, shnookums and me, just like the good ole days, mommy used to close the clubs down….lol….look out now….I have moved on to One Year Old’s Birthday Parties!) ha...ha...ha...
anyway afterwards we headed home and I gave shnookum’s his dinner and we played and chilled out the rest of the weekend….

and NOW….it is Monday….good old BUSY, sleepy, wish it was Friday Monday….we really should have a 3 day weekend….or 4….I already said that huh….oh well….I only repeat myself when it is VERY important (winking at Confucius Brown) ....so....bring on Tuesday….just one more day closer to Saturday….

peace….OUT…two fingers
\/……

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'e such a sweet woman. Some man is going to be lucky to get you.

Anonymous said...

Another great blog! Grammie always enjoys hearing about her Mr. Binky and what he and his Mommy are doing. (Of course...Grammie would rather SEE Mr. Binky and his Mommy in person...)

I always thought being a Grandma would make me feel old, and I dreaded the First Grandchild Event for years, but I was wrong! Mr. Binky somehow makes me feel younger and peppier than I did before he was born. Just as you can't imagine what real unconditional love is before the birth of your first child, imagining how it will feel to be a grandma is impossible. Now that we have Mr. Binky, wonderfulfunnysweet Mr. Binky, I understand that it is possible to go BEYOND even that unconditional love I felt (and feel) for my own terrific children. I am besotted. Enthralled. More entertained and awed than at any other point in my life. Grammie-hood is amazing.
Of course, maybe that's because it's really true: You get to ENJOY grandchildren so much more than you did your own kids, because you aren't so busy having to raise them. The worry belongs to their parents (at least theoretically), and grandparents just get all the pure, unadulterated joy of them.
Being grandparents is also very educational. You learn that all the little things that made you uptight and you thought were SO important with your own children were not such a big deal after all in the grand scheme of things. As long as they are safe and clean and fed and happy, lovelovelove (not stuffstuffstuff---ie., toys, and special advanced schools and 50 million "activities") is all children really need. The rest of raising them actually follows naturally from that.
Grandparenting is a MUCH more relaxed state of being! I like it.

Anyway. Didn't mean to blog here in the comments! I'll shut up now.
Give Mr. Binky a kiss from his Grammie.
Love, love,
Me
PS. Mr. Binky doesn't need a gazillion toys. He only needs a few and his Mommy (and grandparents) to play WITH him with them. It's the latter that matters, not how many new toys.
But I know you know that; so I'll shut up again. Bossy, preachy ole Grammie. Tsk.
Sorry.

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

yea...i think the toys were more for MOMMY....ha ha ha ha... :o)