Tuesday, May 29, 2007

update on the weekend & Shnookum's first POOL days

update on the weekend & Shnookum's first POOL days


Well we had a very nice relaxing weekend....we went to my cousin Peyton’s high school graduation dinner with Grammy and Papa on Saturday and took Mr. Shnookums to show him off a bit....one of the little girls there, Olivia, continuously told me how cute Shnookums is and how she wished he could be her brother because she only has a little sister and her little sister was pestering her…..lol….kids….they are so honest….after the dinner we went back to Grammy’s house and spent the night. We got up Sunday morn and hung out with Grammy and Papa some before heading back home.
Once we got back home, Shnookums and Mommy jumped in their bathing suits (okay Shnookums jumped in his with the help of Mommy….Mommy on the other hand more like pulled, tugged, squeezed, sqooshed, squished, sighed and pulled some more to get her bathing suit on….ugh….no this was NOT a pretty site….and NO there are no photos of this either....so get over it…)

LOL
Anyhoo….so with that, I get Shnookums in his stroller and we were off to the pool….




and he LOVED it…he was very amazed at the rowdy kids that were jumping around splashing and dunking one another….he thought this was very funny….I have to say the water was COLD….very COLD….but Mr. Shookums didn’t seem to mind it….he was very giggly and excited to get in this "big bath tub looking monstrosity".....my sister stood on the side taking pictures for me….she was ONLY supposed to take pictures of Shnookums…NOT MOMMY….of course what did she do….took pictures of MOMMY….so MOMMY made sure she cut herself out (big cheesy smile to YOU)….last year I would have proudly showed off my bathing suit body…preggy and all….this year….NO THANK YOU….this year I have no excuse for the pop belly and thunder thighs (well I didn’t have thunder thighs until after the pregnancy anyway)….and that lovely stuff called CELLULITE that has some how encountered my legs from the knee up….gee thanks God....good one….but….at least I have Shnookums....when I am with him …I don’t even care….LOL….but he had a blast in the pool, and he was doing very well with the paddling his legs in the water like he was swimming….he was absolutely adorable….now my pool is kind of ghetto and I was continously waving off the kids who were practically jumping in the pool on top of us....while their parents just sat there saying nothing....manners....people sure don't seem to believe in them anymore....but we managed to have a blast anyway...we did the pool on Monday too and basically chilled out for the rest of the weekend….so all in all – it was a NICE 1st Memorial weekend and Pool Date with my little bambino….we hope everyone had a nice one….I have to go for now...work has piled up over the 3 day weekend....yay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your essay on Mr. Binky's first pool party. He sure is cute!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like you and shnookums had a great weekend!

Dimples was here

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like you and shnookums had a great weekend!

Dimples was here

Anonymous said...

Aaawwww! I sure wish Grammie had been there. I love my Mr. Binky! I am not the LEAST bit biased, when I say he's the cutest thing on earth! Thanks to A-L for taking the pics; so Grammie could live vicariously.
Love, love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

Looks like he had a blast out there. But who was that stranger who I could barely see holding him?