Friday, May 25, 2007

tanning

tanning

here’s a little tidbit about the TANNING BED for those of you who might tan…and to those of you who don’t…some interesting insight….lol….because I do tan….well when I can….now that I am a single mommy …tanning doesn’t happen to often, my only time to tan is on my lunch break sometimes at work…so with that….here is my story….lol….have you noticed (for those of you who do tan) once you go into your little room- you only have “so much time” to undress, lotion down, get situated, and add your eye wear before the bed comes on…like 2 seconds to do all this….(okay maybe 2 seconds is a LITTLE exaggeration – but not a big one…lol)….I mean COME ON….this has become a new competition to me now….yes I love a competition…lol…so far I have got it down to – running in the room before the tanning attendant can finish telling me “which” room (always seems to be the same room anyway)…okay same room except that one time….when I was already in the room (I thought was my room)…pants around my ankles and one bra strap hanging off my shoulder….and the attendant comes banging on the door….”No No No…you are in room 3 today not room 2…come out of there! Mr. ----- has this room!” ….okay….well I am so not about “sharing” when it comes to tanning….so lets just say this…that day the competition was dead in the water….by the time I redressed/regrouped from the shock of Mr. ----- face (he was sitting in the chair when I flew in half undressed) ....yea I really don't want to talk about THAT today.....eh HEMMM....and finally made it into the ‘right’ room…the “This Bed Has Been Sanitized” sign and little white towel they leave for you… was using up MY tanning time….geeeeesh….

Ummm…where was I? OH…okay…brain off track…I do that…bounce from one story to the next, bear with me and keep up will ya….lol

So…NORMALLY....before the attendant can finish saying what room….I am in the room…pants off (I can do this in one swift un-button – yank down- jump out- while taking my shirt off at the same time….impressive huh…yea I thought so…) squeezing one hulking glob of lotion into my hands to cover as much skin as possible – spreading it as fast as I possibly can without slipping and falling on the leftover amount that escaped my lotion rubbing and didn’t make it on to my body...yet dripped onto the floor (don’t worry I will clean it up AFTER my tan with the pretty white towel they left for me…ha)…sliding into the tanning bed, hanging on to the top cover of the bed for dear life....I have only gotten it down to 1/2 of my body actually getting lotion, 1/8 of the floor getting lotion, and then one leg, one bottom cheek, one elbow, and one ear in the actual bed before the actual bed turns on….oh and let's not forget about the EYE WEAR....once I am in the darn tanning bed, 1/2 lotioned, out of breath, bumped my head on the slide in...I look up....and there is my eye wear....on the counter.....good grief....

I obviously still have some training to do……whew……but hey...I ALMOST GOT IT!
;o)

Happy Friday Peoples!
Happy Memorial Weekend!
Don’t forget WHY this is a 3 day weekend when you are vacationing, beaching it, or cooking out….
REMEMBER OUR SOLDERS OUT THERE!!!


Blessings and Peace Forward…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dimps was all up in your spot!

Anonymous said...

Well not having the need for the tanning bed ;) I can't relate but does sound pretty funny. Did the guy in the chair have to pay extra for the show?

Anonymous said...

im glad i dont have to worry about tanning. too many things to worry about with a baby around. you have to set your priorities straight. plus tanning is horrible for your skin!

Anonymous said...

Well now. Being your mother, I should---in all good conscience---say something like: There is no nutrition in tanning on your lunch hour! And something like: Tanning isn't good for your skin! And something else like: OMG! Protect your eyes!
But I won't say anything like that, because I'm laughing too hard.
Love, love,
Mama