Thursday, February 21, 2008

sick

yep, i feel SICK.....again.
(PLEASE DO ME A BIG FAVOR AFTER READING THIS BLOG AND READ MY NOTE AT THE VERY END OF MY BLOG IN GREEN- THANKS!)



shnookie doodles came home yesterday with a high fever and looking like he just felt absolutely miserable, poor little dude. i swear he has been sick more than he has been well since being in daycare (and thanks to daycare, mommy has been sick more than ever in her whole adult life, yay me) all shnookie doodles wanted to do last night was sit on mommy's lap and snuggle (as BUSY as he is, you KNOW he is sick then) baby boy was burning up and drinking a lot more than eating. in fact eating was more like nibbling. he didn't even want to eat his fruit, and THAT dude loves loves loves his fruit man.
if he could live off of strawberries, pineapple, bananas and mandarin oranges - he would.
so we were up all night and he was having chills, stuffy nose, coughing.....i hate that - wish mommy could just kiss all his sicknesses away, yanno.



and here i am at work, all of the sudden, coughing and can't stop, burning up, achy, head feels like it is going to burst and even my ears hurt and my eyes, and my teeth and my hair. my clothes hurt.




yep, sick.





doesn't matter though, i still have to do what i have to do. work, etc...

that is just how it is in the single mommy world. i am blessed that my parents are only 45 or so minutes away and are able to help out at times. and today was one of them, PAPA came and picked little dude up and took him to PAPA & GRAMMY's house for today and tomorrow. mr doodles was thrilled in a weak sort of sick but happy go lucky way. that little guy LOVES his PAPA & GRAMMY, he just can not get enough of them. although i will miss him sooooo much tonight, in fact KNOWING i won't see him when i get off work is already making me miss him something terrible. i am a SAP when it comes to that little munchkin, if he only knew how much he had mommy wrapped around his finger (s). yep, he has mommy whipped. [ha]



as for me, i have to apologize to my blog-a-licious bloggers for being more slack than the normal slack. work has been so ridiculous crazy busy and the personal non blogging part of my life has been bananas and then some.....i haven't had much time to HOP around and visit you all and read what i have been missing (bad a-licious, bad, bad, bad) so please forgive me (please Hallie Mama! please! please! please!) i promise to play catch up with you all!


so a little update on moi and the munchkin:





~we were going to move end of march - but now we are stuck for another 7 months in our teeny tiny 580 sq foot place. ugh. long story, but i am hoping to buy a townhouse in the next year for me and my shnookie doodles. i would love for him to have his own HOME and not have to move from apartment to apartment. that was cool when i was single and without child, but now - i just need to be more responsible. yes, me, a-licious....responsible. {quit smirking, i see you!}
[heheheheee]

~ i got a new cell phone, the LG EnV in orange. no idea how to work it yet, haven't had the time to sit down and figure it out. so im still using my old razor phone that will not stay charged for even 1/2 a second, and as soon as you get to the GOOD PART of whatever it is you were trying to tell me, my phone goes dead. crap.



my new phone above

~ working on cleaning out the clutter in our tiny place, because i just can not take it any longer, and since we are not moving to a bigger place (like i thought) i have got to do some rearranging and getting rid of stuff so this next 7 months won't feel to squoooshed & cramped.

~ other than being sick, shnookie doodles is just fabulous, he cracks me up and entertains me every day! he changes so much with every few days. if i ask him to throw something away in the trash - HE DOES! if i ask him to put his toys BACK - HE DOES! if i hold up a tissue he will take it and act like he is blowing his noes! (after he empties the entire box all over the floor, which he is very proud of doing) he now likes to clap his hands and yell YAY! if something falls or gets knocked over or isn't working the way he expects, he says UH OH! he can tell you where his nose, eyes, lips, ears and hair are. he helps mommy with the laundry! i am sure there are other things, it is something new every day it seems. he is just amazing i tell you, simply brilliant!

~ i am thinking of going back to school, online at night, just haven't figured it all out yet. (and you think i don't have time to blog now....ha)

~ i have decided since the weather seems to be getting nicer here and there, we will take more trips to the park and lake etc.....mr K (aka shnookie doodles) loves to be outdoors and i think we could do with a bit more of outdoors vs cooped up inside watching Backyardigans 24.7. (granted we play together and read and dance too)

~ even though it is hard for me, i have decided i need to at least once a month or so have a "A-LICIOUS DAY/NIGHT" without doodles. i know it might sound silly, but i love my time with him and hate being away from him and the whole idea of making a day or night like that makes me sad and seems hard to do.....but i think i need something for ME other than WORK - but any hoo , it is just a thought - we will have to see if i actually implement it in our schedule. [heheheee]

~ still very very very excited that my little sis is preggy (little as in YOUNGER than me not little as in Britney Spears's little under age nickelodean sister little, lol) she is about 12 weeks and i am just super excited! her due date is close to shnookie doodles birthday too (yay) and hey, i mean i doubt shnookies doodles will be getting any siblings at the slow rate i have been going (not to mention i am not even DATING anyone yet, lol) so having a cousin close in age will ROCK. although having a COUPLE cousins close in age to doodles would ROCK even more....hint hint hint uncle pickle juice and aunty mel (wink wink wink wink) - i can't wait to find out the sex of cousin bump (that is what i am calling him/her) you'd think this was my baby, i mean i already got in trouble for sharing the news before the expected parents did (bad a-licious, bad bad bad) OOPS - my bad! ;-)
~ and last, but never least - i am still harping on my weight and know i just need to do something about it instead of harping on it.



other than that guys, not much else. just work keep n me slammed lately and hard to blog (sigh). in case ya didn't know, i work for an Insurance Fraud Investigations Company - never a dull moment (so to speak) and it never, i mean NEVER slows down. my job itself could be a very interesting blog to tell one day.....for realzzzzz peeps.




so i am PEACE N' OUT for now........\/ two fingers!



A PS HERE - AND I WILL BE PSING THROUGHOUT MY BLOGS UNTIL APRIL 18, 2008
.
ON MY SIDE BAR ABOVE MY BLOG-A-LICIOUS BLOGGER LIST, I HAVE POSTED A LITTLE PIECE WITH A LINK TO MY MARCH OF DIMES/MARCH FOR BABIES FUNDRAISING SITE. I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE THAT YOU GUYS WILL HELP ME OUT WITH A LITTLE DONATION AND IF YOU LIVE CLOSE BY AND WANT TO JOIN MY TEAM AND WALK- LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE INFORMATION!
MARCH OF DIMES IS VERY NEAR AND DEAR TO MY HEART. I HAVE BEEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS FOR THE PAST 4/5 YEARS. PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK AND READ WHY THIS CAUSE IS SOOOOO IMPORTANT TO ME AND MY FAMILY!
I REALLY REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR SUPPORT!
I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AND KAI THANKS YOU AND MY FAMILY THANKS YOU WITH ALL OUR HEARTS!
XOXOXOXOXOXO

10 comments:

Ok, Where Was I? said...

I hear ya on the little apartment being responsible thing. With my first I was living in a tiny place and feeling bad that my then 2 year old didn't have what I thought was enough room or a yard. Thing is, he's got only positive memories of that place now that we're some place much bigger. Daycare germs are something awful! Mine haven't been, but once the oldest started preschool we got all kinds of stuff. Still, I think the daycare germs are different. Anytime we see my nephews, who are in daycare every day, we get something. Think of all the antibodies or something or other you'll be getting--you'll get it all out of the way before school even starts! Hope you both feel better soon.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Very sorry you have the creeping crud. It sucks. I will ask the sicko gods to make it a short bout for you - not the week thing I've got going on.

I will hop over and sponsor you - I think the March of Dimes is a great organization.

Mr. Shnookie is getting cuter everyday. Love today's pic.

Keep finding time to blog - I really like when you do! :)

Hallie

Dianne said...

between the ages of 3 and 5 my poor son had an alcove for a room. all I could afford was a studio apartment and there was a tiny, tiny space that I made his. good news is - we now talk about it fondly and laugh about it and he appreciates every little thing I did to make it better.

I also feel for you being sick - when you're a single Mom all sick days are reserved for when the kid is sick, not for you.

But I'm here to tell ya that it always gets better - you're a hero you know.

Anonymous said...

Hey cutie. Hope you feel better soon. Need me to bring you up some chicken soup?

Bogart said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Amber said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I think it is going around the blog-sphere. I hope that you are able to get some rest and have special time with your little guy. He is so cute. I love the overalls, I'm a sucker for all babies in overalls.

Amy said...

Hope you get to feeling better girl! And I really think you should take a day/night for yourself once a month. When I was a single mom, that time was the world to me! I think it made me a better mom.

LunaNik said...

Hope you and your baby feel better soon!

And yes, I too have been jammed into a small place. It was me, hubby, and two kids in one bedroom. The living room was basically storage and baby gear.

That's four people in one bedroom. AWFUL!!

I hope you can get into a bigger place soon for the sake of your own sanity!

Amy said...

i do hope you feel better soon. your little guy is just so cute. i hope he feel better soon too!

Amber said...

I hope you're feeling a little better today :)