Monday, February 11, 2008

6 quirks

okie dokie.....i have been TAGGED by Dianne!

6 quirky things about ME (about you).
what better way to start out a MONDAY?




so without further adieu!




here are the rules.....




Link the person that tagged you.



1. Post the rules on your blog.

2. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.

3. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.

4. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website

5. Let your tagger know when your entry is up



So here goes it.....

1. i don't like to "handle" raw meat. i don't eat beef, pork etc anyway and seeing it raw gives me the heebie jeebies - much less having to touch it. shoot, to be quite frank-a-licious - i don't like it cooked either......E-yewwwwwwwwwww!


2. i am told by a close friend mack-a-docious and a few other friends (okay, okay EVERYBODY) that i make lots of quirky facial expressions on the regular. i can't get a way with beans. my face gives it all a way before i even say a WORD [crap!]. if i like something, don't like something, i think something is weird or funny, or if i don't get something right away, or i am trying to keep something from you...etc...i am told my face gives me away all the time [crap! and i like the word crap]! i am quite a goofy give away giver facial expressioner i guess..... go figure.


3. i don't like pedicures - giving or getting. you can have the prettiest feet in the world, and i will tell you so, but i still don't want to touch your toes. eeeeek. i actually used to be a nail-tech and i could not for the life of me do FEET.....now, i can do my own - because i can't stand having someone doing a pedicure on ME either....the filing grosses me out. (massaging my feet is OKAY though!) i can play with shnookie doodles feet & toes all day long, i can kiss them, and put them in my mouth without even thinking about it.....but then he is 17 months old (as of yesterday peoples) and that is okay, baby toes & feet ROCK!


4. my food can not touch each other. it just can't. i will walk around with 10 plates before i can let my food touch one another- if it does, by accident - i won't eat it. i will need a new plate and new food. (i know, i know the poor starving people in Africa my parents told me about my whole life....i will just give them my plate of food that is touching and i'll take a new plate, please)


5. if i am telling you a story (and they can be long, i am all about DETAIL people, i want you to feel like you were THERE in MY story as i am telling it to you)....so please listen up. i can not stand not being able to finish my story - via in person, cell phone etc....god forbid you loose your signal and hang up on me via mid-sentence. i will freak out. because i also can't remember what i was saying from one minute to another (via the post it note memory) so if you interrupt me or hang up on me.....frustration sets in. stress sets in from trying to get out what i was trying to say, or NOW trying to REMEMBER what i was trying to say..... and now i think you just didn't care what i was telling you to begin with. *insert pouty face here* i am kinda "bratty" that way. {smile, like you love me} oh.....and i repeat myself too (so i am told) so just listen people, okay?




are you listening?





let me finish tellling my story okay.....





i don't like not being able to finish.....





my story. i like to finish.





are you there? hello?






and last, but truly not least....


6. i get ready in a certain order (after washing).....i put my make up on first (and even if i have NO MAKE UP DAYS, i still have a little concealer & powder on, always), do my hair, brush my teeth, then get dressed. i also have a certain order i get shnookie doodles ready....change diaper (of course, a given) wash face and hands, brush teeth, put on lotion, dress him in his clothes, brush hair (the hair he does now have, lol), put on shoes. don't know if that is "quirky" but i also shave my legs a certain way {grinning} i always shave my right leg first, and i start outside IN. then my left leg, outside IN and then i do my knees last. [heheheeee] and a freebie ~ i have to eat my cereal BEFORE it gets soggy - the least bit soggy - i am done and i am over it, so over it i am NO longer interested in eating cereal and won't even go get more.....~



okay, so i don't know how entertaining that was for you all, but those were some of the quirky things that i could think of, with a little help from people who did think these were quirky things about me. i am so sure there are about 100 more...so maybe another blog, another time....LOL





so now i must tag some other bloggers, hummmm......duhdunnanannaa!





tag n Hallie - of course, you knew i would.....[heheheheeee]

tag n OhMommy - because she is adorable, and i know she has some quirky ISH up her sleeve.

tag n Santa Claus - because i love his blog soooo much!and wouldn't it be so much fun to hear HIS quirks?

tag n Zoe's Dad - because he is brand new to MY blog and i just LOVED his blog AND he is a stay at home Dada!

tag n' Queen of Mayhem - because she IS the Queen - duh! (and she is so darn cute herself!)
tag n i'd rather be blogging- because i too just lover her rambles....yay!

and tag n' one more EXTRA one - Mars - cuz she is my buddy & i miss and luv her....xoxoxoxxo


so there ya go PEEPS. start listing your quirky things! i am sure they will be WAY more entertaining then mine! [hehehehehehee]



peace n blessing.....




ps. i think i did pretty good considering darn spell check is STILL NOT WORKING.


11 comments:

OHmommy said...

OMG... you know me soooo well

"and i know she has some quirky ISH up her sleeve"

I will set this meme aside for a rainy day! Thanks. MWAH!

Dianne said...

Oh wow! great job! and I listened all the way to the end and then went up and listened again LOL

My Grandmother (Nana) used to tell me my face would always give me away - I can not arrange it, it often talks to people before I even open my mouth.

and Holy Crackers - I thought my son was the only one EVER with the food not touching thing. as a child every meal required an entire dish set. Even spaghetti and meatballs. the spaghetti had to be plain with only butter on it. the meatballs had to be dry and then he'd take a side of sauce.

he's better (a bit) now but still a food pain in the ass LOL

thanks for participating!

Damselfly said...

I agree. Ya gotta finish a story!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I TOTALLY can't have my food touch either. And Mr. Hallisicle is raw meat phobic as well.

I've done this quirky thing a bunch of times already but for you, I'll give it a shot! Plus, you blogged for goodness sake - that deserves some reward!!

Hallie

Amy said...

You're so funny! I love your quirks! You know when I really have to think about it, I can't come up with anything. Better ask my hubs, I'm sure he'll tell me all about my quirks!

Jill said...

You have cute quirks!! I do the getting ready in order too. :)

bobbie said...

Hi. I'm Bobbie. I got tagged by Dianne too, and came visiting you out of curiosity. I love the bit on your sidebar about race. Have been known to throw hospital office workers into a panic when I see the word "Race" on their forms and put in the word "Human". Their computers can't handle it. I say, "Re-program your computers."

Guess I'd better go back to my own blog and figure out how to do the meme thing.
Thanks for an interesting visit. I will be back.

Amber said...

Wow!!! I can't let my food touch either...it freaks me out! Seriously, I will go fetal if my corn juice touches my bun! Also, I will throw away soggy cereal in a heart beat. If I wanted something soggy and gross, I'd eat a booger!

krissy said...

I did my quirky blog tonight too! How fun! People are certainly gonna think I'm officially a werido though!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Okay....what is UP with the spell check...I really need that!


Thanks for the tag! I have done this before...but I am sure I can dig up some more dirt to share!

It helps that I am so unbelievable neurotic!

LunaNik said...

I can't have pedicures either. The filing totally gives me the willies!!!!