Wednesday, February 27, 2008

i flu you not

omg. i have never been this sick, not for a very long time. this thing is ridiculous. shnookie doodles started with it last week around Tuesday. and just TODAY he seemed "well enough" to go back to daycare. granted he still has a runny nose and yucky cough, but the fever seems to have subsided. he actually ate some dinner last night. i started with it Thursday and i still feel like i am going to DIE.



i don't even know HOW i am back here at work today-functioning. my manager left as soon as i came in this morning, she has it now. ugh. i haven't eaten since Friday lunch, and even THAT i picked at. i have nibbled an apple here and there and have TRIED to make myself drink liquids. water makes me want to gag, anything soda like makes me want to gag - i have gotten some grapefruit juice & orange juice down....but that is about it.



granted i wanted to lose some weight, but not exactly like THIS. ugh.



this thing really REALLY sucks. i hate being sick. i hate being cooped up inside and not being able to go anywhere. shnookie doodles has been cooped up since last Wednesday, he was so bored with me the past 3 days, bored with his toys, bored with it all and into everything he was not supposed to be in. i spent all my time being sick chasing after him with no energy and no patience, made him sit with me on the couch as much as possible. mommy was so NOT any fun......poor little guy. he couldn't wait to get to school today. as soon as i unpacked his bag and was getting ready to tell him bye bye - he waved at me all SMILES, "bubyeeeee mommmmy".



translation: "Peace out Mommy, I so need some away time from YOU!"




so here i am, back at work. still feeling like CRAP. and of course my manager is out so i am having to figure out her stuff and mine and not fall out of my chair in a comma (oops coma as Hallie so nicely put....lol) because my sinuses ache, im dieing of starvation but im not hungry, my cough won't stop, and TRYING to keep myself dehydrated.
i don't know how some of you continued to blog through this horrible thing....it was all i could do to take care of shnookie doodles. it hurt to blink, it hurt to LIFT my head, it hurt to think, it hurt to change his diapers and keep him fed, it hurt to smile at him so he would think all was okay......whew.


needless to say i have sucked in blog blog land for the past 7 days. i hope you will forgive me, and thank you for all the well wishes!

14 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

HOw does one fall out of their chair in a COMMA? I can see you falling if you were in a COMA but how does punctuation affect your ability to sit?

Hee hee! :)

Get better chicklit! I don't like you sick. You BARELY blog when you are well - when you're sick, fugetta bout it!

Hallie :)

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

um...yea...COMA....that's what i eamt....ha.


ooooooooh i feeeeel badddddd.

:o(

*cough*

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

darn it

that's what i MEANT


lol

Amy said...

you poor thing!!! i hope you feel better soon. take care of your self, girl!

LunaNik said...

I actually heard recently that this has gone down in history as one of the worst flu seasons EVER. Even people who don't get sick got sick. It sux.

Feel better doll face!!

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

thank you ALL! :o)
slowly coming too....LOL

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!! #2 limerick is actually good!!

Yeah for you!

Hallie

Amy said...

Oh poor thing!! This flu has been ridiculous this year! I hope you feel better soon!

OHmommy said...

Awwww..... poor baby. Being sick is NO fun!

About the agency. Find a reputable one. We have NEVER had to pay anything. They act as our pimp. They fin the jobs. The jobs pay us and they take out there commission. So we NEVER exchange money with them. That is a real agency. You should NEVER have to pay a penny. Call around. Hope that helps!

Ok, Where Was I? said...

We had it for a long time too. It's a nasty one this year. I totally feel for you doing it on your own and having to keep him cooped up. It's definitely a different kind of experience. You start to wonder what it was like when it was just you and did you actually, really, lie on the couch all day under a blanket and sleep when you were sick? No, that must have been someone else.

Last night we went to McDonald's for dinner just so the kids could run around and get away from me for two minutes. We were all so stir crazy.

I hope you both feel better soon.

Sarabeth said...

It really has been a bad year for flu. Take care of yourself and that cutie of a son.

Blog hopping--HP

Amber said...

Well, I am a bad-bad-bad blog friend. I'm sorry I'm just now getting to you. I have been busy, tired, and overwhelmed this week. I am glad you are well enough to go to work, but don't over do it. I hope this weekend gives you the rest you need to shake off the last bit of flu you have. I'm glad you're back. You're missed when your gone.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel well soon !!

Anonymous said...

a-licious I had it too and then my brother got it. I felt like s..t too. You get well soon . I don't want you and your baby boy feeling bad !! :-)