Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Baby is a 2 Year Old TODDLER today!!!!

first day going home!
now!

I wanted to share.....as you all probably know by now, my little bald headed baby is now officially my super duper curly headed 2 year old toddler TODAY!
Yes, Kai has turned the BIG TWO today.....September 10, 2008.
My once brand new teeny tiny 6lb even, beautiful little fellow is now a long and lean 25 something pounder who chatters non stop, runs and jumps in single bounds with scraped up bruised little legs with occasional band-aids here and there. He tells me NO - most of the time, but he gives me HUGS, LOVE, and KISSES normally whenever I ask.....sometimes even on his own. :o) He tells me when he wants to eat-eat, or wants some "ice" aka drink.
He tells me "bye bye Mommy, see you later" when I drop him off at school with Ms. Tonia and friends and blows me kisses. He snaps his fingers and claps and dances when a song is on that grooves him. He independently likes to walk and follow me when we leave in the mornings or I pick him up in the afternoons (sometimes we still want Mommy to pick us up and carry us). He climbs into the car on his own and fastens the top part of his car seat by himself, and then proudly proclaims YAY Mommy!)....he climbs into his own seat at the dinner table when it is time to eat, wipes his "icky" fingers and hands when he done eating. He climbs up on the stool and washes his hands and brushes his teeth by himself (of course Mommy does help with some of the teeth brushing *smile*)
He is becoming such the little person....he can say a lot of his ABC's and recognize some of them now, same with numbers and colors. He still loves the Backyardigans and is even more mesmerized by the colorful singing dancing characters and he will bring me the remote as soon as he WAKES UP, or we come home etc....and tell me "Pablo Mommy" (Pablo is the Penguin) He interacts with what they are doing on the TV now, so cool. He can open the doors by himself, lock them etc....including locking himself in Mommy's BATHROOM! *whew* more than once.....
He sings songs, he says his prayers (Awwww-Me [amen]). He can ask for "help" both verbally and in sign language - he can do quite a bit of signing actually. He can tell you "cheese" when it is time to take a photo (but take the photo quick! As fast as he says cheese, is as fast as he has moved on to something else, which means I get a lot of photos of the side or back of his head....lol)
I just can not believe he is 2. People were not kidding me when they told me that the time would FLY by after I gave birth to him.....
I now believe them, more than ever.

He is still just as amazing to me as he was the first time I set eyes on him on September 10, 2006, he fills me with the utmost indescribable love and joy and a certain peace filled with unsureness, if that makes sense? :o) He bewilders and baffles me, he makes me laugh, he gives me small heart attacks, he makes me think I am crazy sometimes (most of the time) and maybe "I am not the "best" Mommy out there" feeling...but then he smiles at me with his BIG GORGEOUS gray eyes and wraps his arms around my neck giving me a big hug (and he always says "oooohhhhhhh" when he does this) and gives me his soap opera kiss....and I know, okay, MAYBE I AM doing this whole Mommy thing right! Right?
I guess time can only tell, 2 years down and oh so many more to go - and I am looking forward to them ALL![I just wish they would slow down a little bit more]
I totally believe in cherishing every bit of time you get with your babies, children, teenagers, family & friends.Life is actually very short and goes flashing by before you know it. When your house is a mess and laundry is piled up - who cares - seriously - ENJOY that little one running around - because before you know it - they will be 2....5......10....18....25.....30....etc...and that darn messy house and laundry will ALWAYS be there.......trust me.....but the toddler with the curious eyes, endearing smile and infectious laughter, banged up knees and craves YOUR attention, he/she will grow up way to quick and, trust me, you just don't want to miss ANY BIT of it!
Happy Birthday to my Sweetie Kai, my Shnookie Doodles, My Baby Boy.....I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I just can NOT say it enough! I am so proud of you little one! You are Mommy's BLESSING ALWAYS!
Love, Love, Love, Love...
(Mommy)
.....a walk down memory lane below.....














****Blessings****

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

toooooo cute & too sweet. seems like it was only yesterday they are in your belly. & then whoop-they are 2.
happy birthday to you lil kai!
happy happy birthday

mars

GoteeMan said...

definitely have to enjoy him while he's small... the years really pass so quickly...

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

GoteeMan said...

Sup, gal.... you still among the living?

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

GoteeMan said...

just checking in - you ok?

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)